Sunday, September 8, 2013

Gel Manicure FAQS

Okay, so I got the Gel Manicure Starter System by Sensationail , no I didnt end up getting the Kiss one, I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!! Anyway- I'm very happy with the Gel system I got ^.^ So here are *my* FAQS about Gel Nails: 


FAQ#1 Will Gel Manicures severely damage my nails ?


Answer: NO.. depending on the status of your nails whether they are weak or not; there is minimal nail damage when using the gel system. The only damage done to nails is during the removal process...which leads to FAQ #2:


FAQ #2: How do I remove gel manicures without damaging my nails?


There are several different ways to remove gel nail polish while avoiding as much damage as possible.
The most common way to remove is by buffing/filing the gel nail polish's topcoat 'till it no longer shines, then soak it in acetone for 20 mins and then it will peel/crack right off! Now dont force it to peel off! That is how the damage is done! It peels off  a layer of your nail as well 'cuz its not ready to be removed - this leads to nail thinning and damage! 
Another way is to buy the Sensationail Gel Removal Kit - its pretty neat! Its got all the tools and instructions you need! And if you dont have a Sensational system, but have a Kiss, Sally Hansen, etc..you can always try and use Sensationail's removal kit -its gotta work 'cuz all gel nail polish it made of the same stuff ... But I also know that Sally Hanson has a removal kit too - most gel brands will carry a removal kit!
There are also other DIY ways to remove gel manicures - but if you wanna be on the safe side - just remove them as the instructions say or buy the removal kit. Yet if you are daring, then try some of these neat DIY tips:

FAQ #3: Does soaking your Gel Manicure in acetone damage your nails? 


Okay, I can totally see how this is a reasonable question...acetone does damage your nails..but then again you're not soaking your bare nails in the acetone - you're soaking the gel polish! And if you are afraid to damage your nails with acetone this way -then you may not as well paint your nails at all! Wait whhaaa?! Let me explain: painting your nails with regular nail polish causes you to use more acetone (nail polish remover) on your nails then gel manicures do..because: they are always chipping or getting messed up when wet...this is not an issue with gel nails!! So: you damage your nails with acetone LESS then with regular gel nail polish!!! Whaaa?! I'm mean seriously..think about it! It makes total sense! I have to re-do my nails every 2-3 days (this means using lots acetone during removal) but when you use gel nails..you only have to remove your nail polish every 2 WEEKS so that means: LESS USE OF ACETONE!! Ta-da!


FAQ # 4: Are Gel nails really chip free? 

Gel nails usually do not chip until the end of 2 weeks! But if you're extremely tough on your nails (like me) then you should probably expect some chipping with in a week and a 1/2....should I define what I mean by *eek* "extremely tough"..? Alright. If you do sports, such as softball (like me) or others that include much use of your hands, then yes this helps in the ware 'n tear on your gel nails! Or if you go swimming & tubing like everyday of the summer (like me) then yes this will help to lift the gel polish from your nails : hence chipping! Or if you garden (like me) alot through out the summer then, yes all that dirt and ware & tare will cause chipping over time. So pretty much if  you do  lots of manual work with you hands or are around water alot then yes, this will cause pre-mature chipping. But not severely. Yet,  those who are normal (unlike me) and care about their hands more than I do, then you should be fine! 

FAQ# 5: Is applying Gel Manicures easy? 
^ (these are my nails being cured)

The Gel Starter System I got showed me step-by-step instructions, which I found incredibly easy to follow! There are 6 steps:
1 Buff & Clean nails (with provided lint free wipes & cleanser) 
2 Apply primer and air dry
3 Apply clear base coat. Cure in LED Lamp for 30 seconds
4 Apply color gel coat. Cure in LED Lap for 60 seconds (repeat this step for a more vibrant mani)
5Apply clear top coat. Cure for 30 seconds
6 Cleanse nails (with provided cleanser & lint free wipes)

And ta-da! Done! :-) 



Thats all I got for FAQS for now...if you've got any questions, let me know in the comment section below!



No comments:

Post a Comment